Dr. rer. nat. Alexander Osherenko
Founder & R&D
- Interpersonal interaction
- Intercultural communication
- Believable emotion and personality models
- Opinion mining/Lexical affect sensing
- Robotic applications of cognitive approaches
- Reviewer of articles for the journal IEEE Transactions on Affective Computing;
- Member of the program committee of 7th International Conference on Affective Computing and Intelligent Interaction (ACII2017);
- Member of the program committee of 5th Workshop on Language Analysis for Social Media in conjunction with EACL 2014;
- Talk in the Usability Colloquium at Technical University of Berlin (22.04.2013), Humboldt University of Berlin (23.04.2013), Technical University of Vienna (17.06.2013);
- Member of the program committee of International Joint Conference on Natural Language Processing, (Nagoya, Oktober 2013);
- Member of the program committee for the 2013 Workshop on "Language Analysis in Social Media" on NAACL/HLT (Atlanta/Georgia, June 13);
- Member of the program committee of Workshop on Intelligent Approaches applied to Sentiment Mining and Emotion Analysis, 2012;
- Reviewer of articles for the journal Computational Intelligence;
- Member of the program committee of the workshop on the EACL workshop on Semantic Analysis in Social Networks, 2012;
- Member of the program committee of the workshop on Computational Approaches to Emotion Analysis and Generation in Text of NAACL 2010;
- Researcher in the European FP7 CALLAS project;
- PhD student in the HUMAINE project.
- Alexander Osherenko. Social Interaction, Globalization and Computer-aided Analysis. A Practical Guide to Developing Social Simulation. London. 2014. [link]
- Alexander Osherenko. Considering Impact of Sociolinguistic Findings in Believable Opinion Mining Systems. Proceedings of The Fifth International Conference On Cognitive Science. Kalinigrad. 2012. [pdf, video]
- Alexander Osherenko, Elisabeth André. Differentiated Semantic Analysis in Lexical Affect Sensing. Proceedings of Affective Computing and Intelligent Interaction (ACII). 2009. [link, poster, ppt, demo, video]
- Alexander Osherenko, Elisabeth André, Thurid Vogt. Affect Sensing in Speech: Studying Fusion of Linguistic and Acoustic Features. Proceedings of Affective Computing and Intelligent Interaction (ACII). 2009. [link, ppt, demo, video]
- Alexander Osherenko. Deducing a Believable Model for Affective Behavior from Perceived Emotional Data. Proceedings of International Workshop on Computational Aspects of Affectual and Emotional Interaction (CAFFEi 2008). [pdf]
- Alexander Osherenko. Lexical Affect Sensing: Word Spotting Revisited. Emotional Computer Systems and Interfaces. Proceedings of The Third International Conference on Cognitive Science. Moscow. 2008. [pdf]
- Alexander Osherenko. Towards Semantic Affect Sensing in Sentences. Proceedings of AISB 2008. [pdf]
- Alexander Osherenko and Elisabeth André. Lexical Affect Sensing: Are Affect Dictionaries Necessary to Analyze Affect? In Proceedings of Affective Computing and Intelligent Interaction (ACII), Springer, 2007. [pdf, ppt]
- Alexander Osherenko. Affect Sensing using Lexical Means: Comparison of a Corpus with Movie Reviews and a Corpus with Natural Language Dialogues. Workshop on Emotional Corpora (LREC 2006). [pdf]
- Chunling Ma, Alexander Osherenko, Helmut Prendinger, and Mitsuru Ishizuka. A chat system based on emotion estimation from text and embodied conversational messengers. AMT. 2005. [pdf]
- Alexander Osherenko (Humboldt University of Berlin, Germany): Modeling the negotiation object in social systems. In 4 Ausgabe der Sozionik-Aktuell 2003: [pdf]
- R. Gerstl, A. Osherenko, G. Lindemann: The Description of Formal Roles in Hospital Environments. In G. Lindemann, D. Moldt, M. Paolucci, B. Yu (Eds.): Proceedings of the AAMAS'2002 Workshop on Regulated Agent-Based Social Systems - Theories and Applications RASTA'02. Bologna, Italien, 2002. [abstract]
- M. Meister, D. Urbig, R. Gerstl, E. Lettkemann, A. Osherenko, K. Schröter: Die Modellierung praktischer Rollen für Verhandlungssysteme in Organisationen. Wie die Komplexität von Multiagentensystemen durch Rollenkonzeptionen erhöht werden kann. Technical University - Technology Studies Working Papers, TUTS-WP-6-2002, Technische Universität Berlin, Institut für Soziologie, 2002. [pdf]
- Alexander Osherenko. Plan Representation and Plan Execution in Multi-agent Systems for Robot Control. PuK 2001. [link]
Alexander Osherenko. Opinion Mining and Lexical Affect Sensing. Computer-aided analysis of opinions and emotions in texts. Südwestdeutscher Verlag für Hochschulschriften. 2011. ISBN: 978-3838124889.
Review of the book by Dr. Marina Santini.
Alexander Osherenko is the founder of Socioware Development. He studied computer science at University of Applied Sciences, Hamburg and Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin und defended in 2010 his PhD thesis "Opinion mining and lexical affect sensing" that discussed findings of psychology, linguistics and computer science and described approaches to computer-aided analysis of emotions and opinions in texts.
After his application for the grant of Japan Society for Promotion of Science, Alexander Osherenko wrote in 2014 the monograph "Social Interaction, Globalization and Computer-Aided analysis" that discussed findings of sociology, sociolinguistics, medicine, anthropology, neurobiology, social philisophy, social robotics and computer science. This monograph discussed cultural misunderstandings and mundane situations that international tourists might be confronted abroad. It discussed emotions, personality and cultures from the perspective of the humanities and described a computer-aided approach to model and simulate situations in intercultural interaction. Alexander Osherenko reviews contributions to scientific conferences and journals.